Thursday 22 October 2015

THERE ARE CHARLATANS IN CHRISTENDOM ...APOSTLE TOM SAMSON @50





Bishop Tom Samson, the founder and general overseer of Christ Royal Family International Church went through school without textbooks or handouts but managed to scale through the hurdles and challenges of life.

The bishop revealed this while narrating his experience and journey into ministry. ‘Violent Tom’ as he was fondly called in school, eventually graduated from the then Bendel University (Ekpoma University) and bagged a degree in biology education
  
The revered man of God who is set to hit the golden age in a few weeks plans to celebrate it in a spectacular way. At a press conference held at the church’s auditorium on Thursday, 8 October, 2015, Bishop Samson outlined the series of activities billed for his 50th birthday celebration that comes up on Saturday, 12 December, 2015, inside his 100-hectare Royal City in Otta, Ogun State.
Addressing the press, the bishop gave an insightful account of the journey of his life at 50. He said, “I was born into the family of Pa Enweliku Samson, a mason, and Madam Eunice Enweliku Samson from Delta State. I grew up in poverty. My parents were poor and couldn’t afford to pay my school fees. But this did not stop my determination and focus of becoming a success. It was indeed an experience that molded me and made me the person I am today. People see me now as a success and think I just stumbled into it; it is not so. I didn’t become a success overnight. I didn’t stumble into success; it was a long process that I went through with focus, zeal and hard-work before I was able to attain this position.”
He continued, “About 50 years ago in the ancient town of Ife, poverty was so tough in our family that we couldn’t afford my father’s medical bills of just N2000, and this led to his death. Following this unfortunate incident, I cried unto God and I said ‘father if you ever bless me, I would give back.’ This led to the establishment of my charity foundation, “Tom Samson Foundation.”
Bishop Samson gave his life to Christ in 1985 and in 1986 he joined the Campus Youth for Christ, a Christian fellowship in Ekpoma while at 100 level. Hence, he moved to the Abraka campus of the same university and started Christ Royal Family Campus Fellowship. He said, “In my zeal to serve God and carry out his mandate of preaching the gospel to everyone within my reach, I decided to go to every hostel and even as far as pasting my posters in the toilets of all hostels in school then. I was so radical and ready to carry out this job not minding the temptations and challenges that might come with it because I know ministry is not juicy at all. But by God’s grace and favour, I am what I am today.”
At Abraka, he was known as Violent Tom because of his zeal, energy, and aggression in soul-winning especially with the way he went on evangelism to the hide-outs of cult groups and some hinterlands in the Niger-Delta region.
After graduation, his desire was to become a businessman, but he admitted that man proposes while God disposes. God told him to preach the good news and that he should move to Lagos. He obeyed, and this gave birth to the ministry Christ Royal Family Church with the mandate to set the captives free and teach them to reign over life’s circumstances.  The church’s international headquarters is at Ota, with branches in Lagos (Egbeda, Ikeja, Festac, Ojokoro, Ikorodu) Abuja, Port Harcourt, London (U.K) Manchester, Dublin Ireland, and Atlanta (USA). The bishop advised Nigerians to promote the good name and exploits that have been done by great individuals wherever they go. And that they should be hopeful in the change transformation that is on-going in the country, using prayer to support those in authority to achieve one common goal to the glory of God.
When asked if he’s fulfilled with his life now at 50, he said, “I won’t say I am successful now because when I look at the lives I have saved and touched at every given opportunity, I tell myself there’s more work to do. I hate poverty and I wish every successful man, woman or those in authority would rise up to do the things I do, then poverty would be eradicated completely from our system. When this is achieved, then I would say I have achieved a lot in life and I’m content with my acquisitions.”
The bishop also commended the contributions of his wife to his success. According to him, his wife possesses all the good qualities a virtuous woman should have and he is blessed to have such a great woman of vision, wisdom, and understanding always by his side. He further described her as a good administrator, preacher, mother, lover and a woman who’s supportive of all decision he takes.
Highlighting activities for the birthday celebration, the head of the organizing committee for the occasion, Deacon Iyke Kanu said, “Because it’s the 50th birthday of our great bishop, we have put in place several committees to work effectively to make the day a glorious one. The plan is to have a carnival-like birthday party that will continue to reverberate many years after. We will be using the occasion to reveal the body of Christ, to let the world know what Christ can do, using the celebrant as a case study.
“Bishop Tom Samson came to Lagos as nobody but he held onto Christ and today the world is celebrating him.  His life has been one amazing, inspirational tale that will definitely give hope, and we are leaving no stone unturned in making it a good avenue to touch lives and showcase God’s wonder,” he concluded.
Meanwhile, Bishop Tom Samson is also the visitor/founder of Royal City College of Education, Ota, and the proprietor of Royal City Colleges in Ota, Ikeja and Egbeda. He is the CEO of Royal City Medical Centre Ota; Royal City Water Factory, Royal City Printing Press, Ota. Presently, his brain-child project, Monarch University is awaiting approval from the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NBM Africa Congratulates Senegal President-Elect H.E Bassirou Diomaye Faye

His Excellency Sir, President Bassirou Diomaye Faye, On behalf of NBM Africa, we extend our heartfelt congratulations to you on your victory...